The total service fee for this program:
Pre payment for this program:
Due to the impossibility of foreign currency payments for users residing in Iran, if you are applying for study admission in this program, before pressing the ‘Apply NOW‘ button, contact the support through the Call button below and after To get your suitable solution, proceed to upload the required documents.
Studying Ph.D. in Linguistics, Language Documentation and Revitalization at Carleton University in Canada:
At Carleton University in Canada, the Ph.D. program in Linguistics, Language Documentation and Revitalization, offered by the School of Linguistics and Language Studies (SLALS), stands out as a unique and interdisciplinary opportunity. This program is dedicated to the preservation, maintenance, and revitalization of Indigenous and minority languages. It combines both theoretical linguistics, focusing on the structural properties of language, and applied linguistics, which involves working with language as an integral part of culture and community. Students in this program apply their linguistic expertise to documentation projects that encompass the classification, annotation, and analysis of linguistic data. Additionally, they engage in the creation of materials designed to support linguistic communities in their efforts to maintain and revitalize their languages.
- Duration: 4 years
- Degree awarded by: Carleton University
- Admission criteria: Master’s Degree
- Language of instruction: English
- Application fee: 120
- Tuition fee per year: 15,308 – 28,708
- Currency: Canadian dollar
- Issues in Language Documentation
- Methods in Data Collection
- Revitalization Policy
- Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- Qualifying Paper
- Ph.D. Thesis
- Language Revitalization Specialist
- Linguistic Field Researcher
- Indigenous Language Program Coordinator
- Community Language Advocate
- Cultural Heritage Preservation Officer
- Linguistic Data Analyst
- Completed application form
- A Master’s degree
- Copies of your academic transcript(s) and degree certificate(s)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Referee Contact Information
- Statement of Intent
- Writing Sample
- GMAT, GRE & Other test score(s)
- Funding Sponsorship
English language requirements:
If English is not your native language, you can prove your language proficiency by:
|Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL, CAEL-CE)||70|
|TOEFL iBT (including iBT Home Edition)||86|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE) (Academic)||60|
Deadlines and intakes:
- Entry Terms: Fall
- Fall Application Deadline: January 20
FREE VISA SERVICE
One of our very suitable solutions for applicants is to provide free visa services to study in this field from a pleasant country. If you need to receive free visa services, let us know your request
University & General Expenses
Carleton University offers a variety of on-campus housing options, ensuring that students have a comfortable and convenient place to call home during their academic journey. Here’s an overview of the accommodation types and their approximate costs:
|Accommodation Type||Approximate Cost (per academic year)|
|Residence Halls||$7,000 – $13,000|
|Traditional Single Room||$7,000 – $9,000|
|Traditional Double Room||$6,000 – $8,000|
|Suite-Style Accommodations||$9,000 – $14,000|
|Apartment-Style Housing||$9,000 – $16,000|
Please note: The prices may vary depending on the specific residence hall and the amenities provided.
Living on campus not only offers proximity to classes but also fosters a vibrant student community, making it an enriching part of the university experience.
Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, is dedicated to preparing its graduates for successful and fulfilling careers. After graduation, Carleton alumni benefit from a range of support services and opportunities:
- Career Services: Carleton offers career counseling, job search assistance, and networking opportunities to help graduates secure their dream jobs.
- Alumni Network: Joining a global network of alumni provides valuable connections and mentorship opportunities.
- Further Education: Many graduates pursue postgraduate studies at renowned institutions, building on the strong academic foundation provided by Carleton.
- Entrepreneurship: Carleton encourages entrepreneurship and offers resources for alumni interested in starting their own businesses.
- Community Engagement: Graduates often give back to their communities through volunteer work, leveraging the skills and values instilled during their time at Carleton.
Carleton University’s commitment to its graduates extends beyond graduation day, fostering a lifelong connection and support system.